Wednesday 24 October 2018

Brushos and Gilding Flakes

Helloooo

Well I had a day off yesterday (instead of my usual Monday).
On Sunday I'd been creating some backgrounds with Brushos and Pixie powders and wanted to see the effect gilding flakes had on it.  
I love my Brushos but find them a little flat so I have 3 pixie powders I use to lift them a little may add some more if I find the colours I want. Or should I try my Mica Powders?

I used French Foliage by SU, the Hello was a free stamp from Creative Stamping and Gilding Flakes, I found using the Honey Doo mixed media glue easier to use, I loved the self cleaning lid!

(Question: Does anyone know where to buy the self cleaning plastic bottles/lids from?)


Silver Gilding Flakes


Gold Gilding Flakes


As always thanks for your visit, I really do appreciate it!

  

8 comments:

Jackie T said...

Hi Ali these cards are gorgeous I love them all. I use Brushos and Pixie Powders together for the same reason. Enjoy the rest of the week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Herbaholic said...

Hi Ali, fab cards, its a while since I used gilding flakes I may have to dig mine out again now :)I'm off to the NEC at the beginning of next month and Honey Doo are there so I'll keep an eye out for you :) Love & Hugs - Debs xxx

Alison59 said...

Oooh what lovely cards Ali; very striking :-)

Sorry can't help with the self cleaning stuff.

brenda said...

A quick catch up on your latest posts, will visit properly when home, meantime greetings from Spain. Bx

Shabneez said...

Super creations Ali - I'm afraid I can't help with your question though. Hopefully someone will know. Shabneez x

EmmaT said...

Gorgeous effects and cards, love them. I use a mix of the pixie powders and now their update to the new shimmer shakers and my very old mica powders and those very old mica sprays i bought and never got on with. Emmax

sandy's crafty bits said...

hi Ali love your cards and that Hello sentiment is cool (as my grandson would say) … I have been playing with my pixie powders love the effect … have a great rest of the week … thank you so much for visiting my blog … happy crafting and love sandy xx

Stampsnob. said...

Now those are inspiring Sorry I am so far behind but Goggle would not let me post ….Lis